Provincial Disaster Assistance Program PDAP
Were you affected by the heavy rainfall on July 28th?
The City of Melfort has been approved under the Provincial Disaster Assistance Program (PDAP) for the heavy rainfall event that occurred on Tuesday, July 28, 2015. PDAP covers damage to property that is not covered by private insurance, or where insurance on that property isn’t available at a reasonable cost.
What steps should Affected Property Owners take?
- Has your claim been denied by your insurer? Obtain written documentation from your insurance agency/broker (e.g. denial letter).
- Take photographs of the damaged property to support your application, noting the date and location photos were taken.
- Determine when and where the water entered your home, how high it was and how long the water sat before it was removed.
- Keep a log of all work done to protect your home (hours worked, who performed the work, what work was completed, etc.).
- Applications and guidelines for the Provincial Disaster Assistance Program are available at City Hall, or on the home page of the City website www.cityofmelfort.ca.
- If you need assistance in completing your application claim form, representatives from the PDAP program will be at City Hall, 202 Burrows Avenue West, on Tuesday, August 25th from 12:00 noon to 8:00 pm, to assist affected property owners with their Private Property PDAP Application.
- For more information, contact Heather Audette or Gerald Gilmore at City Hall at 306-752-5911 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or visit the Provincial Disaster Assistance Program website at www.gr.gov.sk.ca/PDAP.
Forms for the PDAP Program
- Flyer - About PDAP - Steps for Property Owners
- Questions about Eligible Expenses
- Private Property Application
- Private Property Application Instructions
- PDAP General Claim Guidelines